Sunday, December 30, 2012

Counting the days.

You may not believe this, and I am having a wonderful time, but I am somewhat looking forward to going home again mostly because I miss Tyke a bit. I am somewhat compensated for this by the presence of my daughter's dog who is a real sweetheart but there is nothing like the company of your own trusty dog. The Exfactor sent me a photo of Tyke yesterday and I was glad to see him but it did tug at my heart strings. When I get home again, there is going to be an unbelievable reunion and I will not be paying attention to anything else around me for a while but Tyke.

My daughter caught a bit of a cold and, being a sensible person, applied home remedies and stayed away from over the counter medicines. So far, my ex and I are just dealing with our allergies and haven't caught her bug yet. I felt quite a bit off color yesterday afternoon but it turned out to be a case of low blood sugar that was remedied by a extra tall glass of orange juice. It must have been brought about by all the chocolate that I had indulged in. My ex was an aide and abettor in this. He likes to spoil me and I can ask for anything I want.

The sun is shining this morning but it is a bit cold and at night it gets down to freezing. I had to put an extra blanket on my bed because I was literally shivering under the comforter. As a result of putting the blanket on, I was much warmer immediately when I went to sleep last night and slept for a long time. I am still the first person up in the morning and make the first pot of coffee and have the house to myself for the first hour or so. That is perfect because, although I am not grumpy, I do like to start the day on my own. That is the same way here as it is at home. 

I now remember why I married my ex because he is simply a very nice and kind person. I see all his good points, although I am not blind to his less positive sides. I do appreciate who he is and also the fact that he puts up with me and my eccentricities. He just laughs at whatever I do and say and never takes me seriously when I get on my high horse. It is good to see that I had picked such a positive person to get married to. I had become ignorant of all that was good about him over the years and it is really good to spend this time with him. 

Everything happens for a reason and no, we are never too old to learn.





  

1 comment:

Maggie May said...

Love the header.
Glad you are having such a wonderful time. It will be something to reflect on when you are back home and you will spoil Tyke to death when you see him again. However he is being well looked after in the meantime.
Happy New Year.
Maggie x

Nuts in May