Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Taking it easy.

I am leaving the day after tomorrow and I have decided that today I will take it easy and only do little incidental tasks as I think of them. I have done most of the preperatory work for my trip and there is not much left that I can do right now. I also am expecting a package with two more presents that I ordered at the last minute and it may get here today and I hope by tomorrow. I am tracking it on line. 

I am amazingly calm and collected because I have decided that there is no reason to get bothered about anything at all. That very decision determines my attitude for the next couple of days until I arrive in Texas and then I will see what happens. Doubtlessly I will be full of joy at that point and too excited to sleep when it is time.

At least the weather is co-operating and it is mild this week with only some occasional rain and I will not have to worry about icy roads that would make it hard to get to the airport in Brussels.

I think I have worked out what causes me to have so many physical problems but in the end I will need the help of the dietician to determine if I am right. I think I may have a histamine allergy and I found this out after a lot of detective work. I have downloaded and printed a list of foods I should avoid and have started doing so as of yesterday and will do so until I see the dietician in January.

When I look at the foods on the list that I should avoid and I check that against the foods I have problems with, it does all seem to add up. It certainly does explain how wide ranged my problems are because that is something that puzzled me very much. 

I found the list from a Dutch website to be the most comprehensive and the most helpful and this website also recommended an allergy medicine which I ordered from the pharmacy yesterday and which I will pick up tomorrow. It also recommended a multiple vitamin that is especially designed for people with this kind of allergy and I have started taking it today. It supports the special diet that I will be on. I certainly hope that this is the solution.

The package I was waiting for just arrived and I will now attempt to find room for the presents in my overfull suitcase. Where there is a will, there is a way.

2 comments:

Cate Rose said...

I didn't realize that you are practically IN Belgium, already. I just looked. Have a good couple days and a safe trip. Will you be posting or on Facebook while you're in the States? xoxo

Maggie May said...

Have a wonderful trip. You wouldn't have been able to face doing this a year ago. You have done so well to get where you are.
Happy Christmas and hope you have a lovely time with your daughter & grandson.
Maggie x

Nuts in May