Wednesday, December 19, 2012

I am almost gone now.

At the last minute, I thought to bring a sleeveless maxi dress in case I have to go to a dress up affair, which no doubt I will have to while I am in Texas. Luckily, although it is completely lined, it is very light weight and hardly takes up any room in my suitcase and does not wrinkle easily. 

I am going to have to take out a pair of open shoes that I had packed in order to make room for my toiletry bag with my hairspray and deodorant in it because I can not take those on board with me in my backpack. I am counting on my daughter having enough shoes for me to borrow from because we do wear the same size.

I did not buy the larger suitcase thinking that the somewhat smaller one would be more than big enough. Of course, I had not counted on also bringing bulky presents for three people and misjudged how much space I really had. It is a good thing that I did not wait until the last minute with packing because now at least I could put some thought into it and not panic when I ran out of room. 

I have now got a really good itinerary with all the information I could possibly want on one page. It even shows what sort of meal I am going to have on which flight and the numbers of all my seats, which are all on the aisle. I do prefer it that way so I can easily get up and reach my backpack in the overhead storage. The only thing it does not show is which movies I am going to see so I will have to let myself be surprised. 

If anyone was ever ready to go on a trip, it certainly is me.

9 comments:

Carole said...

Hope your trip goes reallly well, Irene. Cheers

Rob-bear said...

It seems, Irene, that you are well and truly ready for this voyage. I hope you have a wonderful time, and come back with a few pictures.

Maggie May said...

Have a wonderful, wonderful time.
There is never enough space in one's luggage no matter what size case you choose!
I also prefer a seat by the aisle. Thats what I'd have chosen too.
Maggie x

Nuts in May

Anonymous said...

Have a splendid trip Irene. x

Anonymous said...

Have a safe, wonderful trip, Irene, and a lovely visit with your daughter. Merry Christmas to you and your family! xoxo

Wisewebwoman said...

wonderful Irene! You are all set and ready to go 1-2-3.

I'll be thinking of you over the season and wishing the trip for you is beyond your wildest dreams!

Special hugs.

XO
WWW

VioletSky said...

If the movie selection is the only 'surprise', and I hope it is a good one, then your flight should be a success.
Have a wonderful time time!

Friko said...

I may be too late wishing you a happy holiday. Stay safe and relaxed and all will be well.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, dear Irene.

Gail said...

I'm reading backwards so know you arrived safely, minus a watch.

This is just the most perfect holiday for you!!! Enjoy.