Friday, December 14, 2012

Small miracles are possible too.

I managed to do the impossible and sleep for eight hours straight and this is so unusual that I had to look at the alarm clock, and my watch, and the clock in the living room, to convince myself that I really had. Of course, I was still so befuddled that the truth hardly dawned on me and that I needed to drink a cup of coffee before I could properly appreciate just how wonderful that was. Now that I have come to my senses, I can say that I am so glad that I slept so long because It will make the day all that much more enjoyable. 

I packed my suitcase yesterday, as far as that was possible, and found out that I have just enough room to bring all the clothes that I had planned on bringing. There will not be an inch of space left over once I am really done. Nothing is crammed in there, I did not get as desperate as that, but it may get a bit tricky if I also try to pack my bathrobe. That is an item that will get last minute consideration. 

Actually, the presents are taking up a lot of room and I did not want to jam them in there because I was afraid of tearing the wrapping paper and revealing the contents. They do have to remain a surprise and get properly placed under the Christmas tree that my daughter told me she has already put up. It turns out that my grandson is getting the most presents from me and I had not planned it that way but clearly he was on my mind the most when I bought everything. This in spite of the fact that it is hard to please a teenager. 

I am getting my hair cut this afternoon and I am looking forward to it very much because with it being as cold as it has been, I have been wearing my knitted hat and it does not eaxactly do wonders for my hairdo. My hair is just a little bit too long for it to bounce back in shape easily when I take my hat off. It does require a little effort te get it to look good again. I am hoping that this haircut will take care of that problem.

I am expecting the Exfactor for coffee this morning and it will be good to see his smiley face. He will be taking care of Gandhi while I am gone and I know she will be in good hands. 

Now I have got to try on the pair of jeans I discovered in my wardrobe yesterday and had no idea of the existence of. When you have a tendecy to be absentminded, these  sort of surprises happen.

4 comments:

Rob-bear said...

Eight hours sleep! Wonderful!

And well done on the packing. If the travel adventure goes as well as the packing, you've doing very well, indeed.

Maggie May said...

You must be getting very excited!
Hope all the planning goes very well.
Maggie X

Nuts in May

Wisewebwoman said...

Wonderful update, instead of bathrobe I always pack a short cotton nightie that seems to do the trick along with host towels.
XO
WWW

VioletSky said...

I never bother with a bathrobe. It is too bulky for the use it would get.
I am getting excited for you!