Thursday, September 25, 2008

How did I get here?

I am sure that the last 24 hours have for the majority been taken up with setting up Ubuntu into the tiniest details and I have discovered that whatever Ubuntu does not let me do, Windows will still allow me, like the download program to my new digital camera, which I can't get to use in Ubuntu, although I am sure someone will tell me there's a trick to it. I haven't found it and I'm too tired to try.

I did find a music player that for some reason, unbeknown to me, but very welcome to, down loaded all my music from the real player in Windows and is now playing it in Ubuntu, so that was a nice surprise. It has it arranged alphabetically by artist, so that is convenient too and not all haphazard they way I had entered it. Now, when I want to listen to Björk, I listen to all of Björk until I am sick of it and change to another artist. And so on, and so on.

I did take a nap this afternoon on the sofa for a few hours and that was mighty pleasant. That was after the delivery man brought the Überhunds sheepskin and bag of new food that I had ordered, It is called Dog Chow from Purina and I have never seen him wolf down his food so quickly. That is a definite hit! I stood looking on in amazement as he emptied his whole dish.

The sheepskin is kind of a popcorn fart and doesn't amount to much. I have to put a folded up blanket under it to give it any substance, but the Überhund seems to be happy with it and the cats too and that is what counts.

I need to go to sleep now or Iĺl fall off my chair.

Have a happy day.
Ciao...

6 comments:

Jo Beaufoix said...

Have a good snooze. And the new boots sound good, as do Uberhunds sheepskin and new grub. Sounds like Ubuntu is getting there. :D

aims said...

So this is what you've been up to and what that mysterious package was! Well! Good for you. And good for you for thinking ahead and saving everything and copying everything out. You could have been in a lot of trouble if you had just rushed ahead.

I think Stinking Billy needs you over at his place. He can't figure out how to put his favorite blog list on his sidebar so that it shows who has posted recently. Poor man. Not a techie like you obviously!

You know you could get a job doing computer stuff quite easily. You have the mind for it!

Maggie May said...

Have a good sleep Irene. X

The Writer said...

I'm right behind you on the sleeping! Long day but good here. Catch ya tomorrow!

Happy wandering!

The Writer...and her dog, Bear

Bev said...

It seems like the Uberhund is living in the lap of luxury.

We used to buy Purina puppy food for our old dog Tessa, and I seem to remember it was the best quality food.

I also admire your technical ability.

Anonymous said...

If you check the ubuntu forums, Irene?
I'm sure there's a solution for the digital camera