Sunday, November 17, 2013

What a relief!

My GP must have been right about me having bursitis in my hip, because since I have had the shot in it, it has steadily gotten better to the point that I now only feel about half the pain that I did before. It is such a pleasure to be able to move around so much more easily. To celebrate that fact, I had a lazy day yesterday, but in reality, it was a Saturday like any other and it was only vacation time in my head because of my attitude. I still had a nice enough day and I felt like I lazed around when I actually got a bunch of things done, but I did them with so much nonchalance, that it seemed that they weren't at all important. I think it is an attitude that I should adopt more often, and as a matter of fact, I think I will make it my mode of operation from now on. It is a much easier way to exist and function.
 
Since I have switched from real tobacco to electronic cigarettes, I have been living in a different reality. I am now not inhaling as much nicotine or all those other nasty chemicals and it is a whole new experience for my body and brain. I could tell you the multitude of benefits this has, but you can well imagine them yourself. Not only that, but I smoke very little and go for long periods of time without even taking a drag, and I think in a couple of days, I will switch to the nicotine patches. I have noticed that my mood is a lot more steady, but that I also spend more time daydreaming, not that this is necessarily a bad thing. Before this, I was very alert and very much on the ball, and I am not so now. Maybe that is for the best and I just have to accept it. This is how I originally was to start out with and why not go back to my original self?
 
As a result of not inhaling all that nicotine and tar and those other chemicals, I am also drinking a lot less coffee, although I am not used to that yet and still fix too much when I make a new pot in the coffeemaker. Needless to say, I end up pouring out a lot of coffee, because I do not like it heated up. I already drink it half decaf and I think it may be better if I get off it completely, or maybe just have one cup in the morning and let that be it. I will see what I want to do about that. I will probably let that take its natural course while my desire and need for it lessen.. I think that I am even to the point now that I prefer drinking ice cold fruit juice. I suppose I am really learning first hand the lesson about putting chemicals in your body or not. Your body is your temple.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

chris said...

quitting smoking is SO hard - the hardest thing I've ever done. but 14 years later, it's still such an amazing feeling to know that I accomplished something I never, ever dreamed I could. I hope you find that same feeling too! Good luck to you as you conquer this - and you will!!

Rob-bear said...

Good grief! You're becoming a woman of no vices! Well, congratulations on you progress. I hope you keep feeling better!

Blessings and Bear hugs!