Friday, November 08, 2013

Stirred, not shaken.

It's hard to believe it's November already, though we do indeed have true autumn weather with very dreary skies and much rain. The temperatures aren't too bad right now and yesterday it actually got up to 14 degrees Celsius, so I can't complain about it being too cold. I still have the bedroom windows slightly open and have not had to turn the thermostat up except for the occasional hour when it got a bit colder at night. I am trying not to use the heater at all so I will stay under the estimated energy use and get money back at the end of the year. I am keeping my fingers crossed that this will be so.
 
Having had to walk Tyke in the rain, has me drying him off with a big towel every time we get home and he absolutely loves this. I think he doesn't want me to stop rubbing him all over with it at all and would like me to do it for about an hour or so every time. Yesterday evening, when I was sitting in my armchair, I decided he was not dry enough yet and much to his delight got the towel out again. He was in seventh heaven while I proceeded to finish drying him the best I could. His fur needs to be trimmed, so it is a bit harder to dry, especially his paws, which like with any spaniel look humungous now.
 
I borrowed a book from the Exfactor that he got from the library, and in it the historical and archeological facts of the Asterix and Obelix strips are investigated in a very thorough but easy to read way, so you can enjoy finding out about them. Real research has been done into checking the facts, so you really do learn something about the Celts living in France in 50 BC and the Romans that conquered them. It turns out that the writer and the cartoonist of the strips were really very accurate in portraying that part of history. It's an interesting book to read, but it would be better if I didn't fall asleep so quickly over it at night in my bed.
 
I have had my after effects from eating toast with cheese and can't eat it again until after I have been to Tai Chi this morning. I keep telling myself they were worth it, but I am only half convinced and think I should eat something different on my toast. I am seriously considering buying a jar of Nutella.
 
   
 
 

No comments: