Sunday, November 10, 2013

I'll have some of that.

I fell asleep over my book with my glasses on my nose and the bedside lamp on and woke up several hours later because I was aching all over. It's not a good idea not to settle into a comfortable position first before you go to sleep. I felt like a crippled old woman when I got up out of bed, but now that I have been up for a bit, I must say that my body is almost regaining its 'youthful suppleness.' I did have to take a paracetamol because I didn't trust the process to quite happen naturally and did feel that I had to help it along. I really think a soak in a hot tub is warranted, but since I only have a shower, I'll have to forget about that idea.
 
I must say that I am hooked on taking showers and letting the hot water run over my body. I have it as hot as I can stand it and love how it makes me feel like I have no aches and pains anywhere. I am loathe to get out from under it, but do have to think about the energy bill and not stay in there longer than I have an excuse for. Despite all the different shower gels and bath sponges, I love how an ordinary bar of Dove soap and a plain washcloth get me clean and good smelling, although I do want to go to a good shop and investigate some other bars of scented soap. I like how they don't require me to wear any perfume at all.  
 
I haven't had any kind of perfume in almost a year and I can't say that I miss it very much. When I did still wear one, it had gotten to the point that I couldn't tell myself if I was wearing one, although the clothes in my closet always did smell like it. None of them do anymore because they have all been washed since that time and now they just smell like freshly washed laundry, which in the end, I really prefer. Which reminds me that I have to go to that extreme discount store on Monday and buy laundry detergent and fabric softener and whatever other kind of good deal I can get. Buying these things at the supermarket is always too expensive.
 
I am going to my sister's house for coffee in the afternoon and later we are going to an exhibit of different artists in a church not too far from here. I don't know if I should get my hopes up, because my sister didn't know if these artists were professionals or amateurs. Maybe I better look up something else to do instead in case it turns out to be a disappointment.
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

Z said...

i like showers well enough until the moment comes to step out - it always makes me shiver with cold. And there's nothing to beat a long soak in a hot bath.

Maggie May said...

Well one thing we have in common is that I also love to stand under a hot shower and I use only Dove soap too!
I haven't had a bath in years! In fact if I sat down in a bath, I'd probably never get out again!
What a thought!
Maggie x

Nuts in May