Wednesday, November 20, 2013

All the breaks in the world.

Early this morning I did the grocery shopping and I came home with both carrier bags and two big shopping bags filled with groceries. I was literally out of everything and really needed to stock up on a lot of things, but by shopping carefully, I managed to stay within the budget. The Exfactor had done me a big favor and bought the fresh vegetables I needed at another store yesterday that always gets awards for the quality and relatively low prices of its produce. I put four kinds of vegetables in my pasta and have a delicious and nutritious meal that way. I don't ever feel the need to eat anything else because this kind of food agrees with me so well. That is saying something after all the trouble I went through.
 
I also bought some pastries that were on sale and the Exfactor is coming over to help me eat them later this afternoon. I did think we deserved an award for always being so good and conscientious about everything we do. I mean, we are ecologically aware people who treat mother earth well and pick our food carefully and always recycle and use our bikes. We do deserve a treat every once in a while.
 
I had run out of coffee yesterday afternoon and, although I didn't turn into a grouch, I was not performing at my best level either and was glad that I could make a pot of it when I came home from the store. That goes to show you that I can't quite go without coffee completely, although I may need less of it. I actually thought I could do without it completely and was ready to start drinking tea exclusively, but that turned out to be a false assumption, because tea doesn't do a thing for me, not even when I put sugar in it. At the same time, I can't say that the caffeine in the coffee is making me so energized that I'm climbing the stairway to heaven. It is not as bad as all that.
 
 
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

Maggie May said...

Glad you got all that shopping done by yourself. I usually take my trolly as I can't carry very much without nearly breaking my back.

Pasta is a firm favourite and seems to keep one filled up for ages.
Maggie x

Nuts in May

Rob-bear said...

Careful shopping by a conscious consumer. Very well done, Irene!

And perhaps now is not the time to worry about switching off coffee. Taking a step or two, and getting well-stabilize sat that point, is a good process.

Blessings and Bear hugs!

Friko said...

It’s lovely that you and the ex-factor get on so well. When one is a little less than on top form one needs a bit of gentle help.

Take care, Irene.