Friday, November 15, 2013

Per chance...

It is possible that I am going to be able to sit here for a while and actually write a blog post, which I have not been able to for these past two days because of my bum hip. I went to the GP with it this morning, and after examining me, she gave me a shot in it, which was a mixture of anti-inflammatory and pain medicine. It has started to work to the point that I am a bit more comfortable now, but just to be sure I have also taken a paracetamol with codeine along with my regular paracetamol. I think I am also sore from where I had the shot, so it is hard to keep the different kinds of pain apart.

On Monday I have to have an X-ray made of my hip to see if I have osteoarthritis in it, and feeling the way I do, I bet that I do. Sitting behind the computer still is the hardest thing to do and I will keep this short. I think I am going to have to lie down as a matter of fact, because that will be the only way I will really be comfortable.

2 comments:

Maggie May said...

Eighteen months ago, I couldn't sit down at my computer because my leg went into the most awful painful spasms imaginable and I was walking with a tripod. I felt completely disabled. Yet here I am now able to walk 3 miles with no problems and I can sit fairly comfortably. Exercises helped me no end. I still do them twice a day.
Don't give up!
Maggie x

Nuts in May

Cate Rose said...

So sorry to hear about your bum hip -- god, getting old ain't for sissies, is it!?
Hope you have as good a weekend as possible.
Much love.