Saturday, November 16, 2013

Taking a chance...

I think I can safely start to write this blog post and know that I will finish it in a timely manner and not do a rushed job like I did yesterday when I was overtaken by pain in my hip. By now the shot that I got in it yesterday seems to have done its job and I really do have less pain in my hip and I am able to sit behind the computer for a longer time. It is not just a wishful thought that I have that will not come true, but just to be sure, I took a paracetamol with codeine just now. I do want to make my position secure and not have to bale out half way through.
 
Because I was starting to wake up feeling cold and sore in the middle of the night, I put the extra summer duvet on my bed last night on top of the regular one and I must say that it made a heck of a difference. I didn't feel that the cold damp weather from outside was creeping into my bones and I woke up toasty warm inside my cave of bedcovers.
 
It was the Exfactor, who was here yesterday, who gave me that idea. I had tried to get warmer by putting the gray blanket on top of the duvet, but found that it only helped a little bit and that I was still waking up in the middle of the night feeling cold and uncomfortable. With my aching joints, I feel I have to get all the heat I can get and I was proved right and found out that the extra heat really does have comforting qualities.
 
I had thought about getting an electric blanket, but I like the weight of the extra duvet on top of me, and I think that is one of the things that was missing all along. I wanted to feel that I was encased by something that had its weight pushing down on me, making me feel safe and secure besides feeling warm. I very well remember the heavy, quilted, green bedcover that I slept under when I was a kid and how much I liked its weight and warmth.
 
I am slightly stoned from the codeine that just hit my system and I will drink some extra coffee that ought to straighten out my head because I do not like this feeling. It was the last pill like it that I had and maybe that is for the best. I do dislike mind altering drugs, although with that I do not mean recreational drugs. I think if you want to take those, you are welcome to. I just don't like something mind altering as a side effect of a medicine.
 
There, I have written a whole blog post and survived it with only a limited amount of pain in my hip. I think that is pretty darn good.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

Rob-bear said...

Glad you are warmer. I find that putting a wool blanket under the duvet is quite helpful in terms of keeping me warm.

The doctor has given me something different to deal with my restless legs, and I hope it will work.

Blessings and Bear hugs!

Cate Rose said...

Lest you think again about an electric blanket, let me give you this warning ~ the pulsing electricity in them can make your nerves ache...it did mine, when I used one on the rare visit to my parents' home back in the 1970s. I think they're a foolish invention that probably cause a lot more harm than most people imagine.
Have a good weekend! xoxo