Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Time passes...

Tyke is capable of being an independent living being now and doesn't have to necessarily be in the same room with me all the time anymore. As I write this, he is in the bedroom dreaming of whatever 4 year old dogs dream of. This is kind of a relief, because I don't feel like I have to be his keeper all the time. I like these little independent actions of his in which he does something all on his own without feeling that he needs to be near me. I suppose I think that he feels secure enough to do them.
 
The rest of the time he is always within petting distance and follows me wherever I go, That can be a bit of a problem when I almost trip over him like I did yesterday and spilled my coffee.



On a totally different topic. Until quite recently, there were moments during the day when I suddenly would feel quite down without knowing the reason why, and I always thought this was for psychological reasons. I always tried to cheer myself up somehow by drinking a cup of coffee or taking my antidepressives and other medicines a little bit earlier.
 
It turns out that I had been living with physical pain and discomfort for such a long time, that it didn't even register with me consciously and the presence of it was what was making me feel down. Now, when I get that feeling, I know that it is time to take a paracetamol, or even a Celebrex capsule, and that soon I will feel better. My bad mood melts as snow for the sun and I am my normal cheerful self again. It is an amazing thing what physical discomfort will do to your emotional wellbeing, even if you are not consciously aware of the pain. Your body and mind are very intertwined.
 
I made lots of pasta last night for dinner, but was unable to eat it all and put what was left over in a plastic container in the refrigerator from which it is now calling my name. It is just possible that I will warm it up in the microwave and eat it all up. I am hungry enough to do it having eaten only one small plateful of it. At least I know that it's a perfectly healthy thing to eat.
 
The I will go back to bed and finish my beauty sleep because I need all the help I can get. Tyke does have the right idea when it comes to that. Not that he needs more of it as you can tell by the photo.
 
 

1 comment:

Wisewebwoman said...

It is wonderful that you have your health issues sorted out and remedied.

I too love pasta and it is on the menu for tonight.

XO
WWW