Thursday, September 12, 2013

Change becomes a woman...

I am doing ever so much better tonight and am in such less pain that it is a true relief and I count my blessings. Maybe it is because I have peace in my heart and mind that I am doing so well physically, because all things are connected after all.  The mind is not separated from the body and the state of one affects the other. The fact that a load has fallen off my shoulders since I have come out as a lesbian, probably has a lot to do with how much more light weighted I stand on this earth. No doubt that makes all of my body feel a lot less burdened. I do know that it has cleared up my mind an awful lot.
 
I have informed all the most important people in my life that I am gay and I got nothing but positive reactions, and to tell you the truth, I really had not expected anything else, because they are all enlightened people. Still, it is awfully nice to have this happen and it certainly makes it a lot easier on me, although anything else would not have made me change my mind (as if that would have been possible).
 
I am not overly concerned about how the rest of mankind reacts to my announcement, because everybody is entitled to their own opinion and it is not my mission in life to change their minds. All I can do is be myself and let that speak for itself. If anyone feels threatened by my natural state of being, then it is something they will have to deal with. Being gay does not rub off on people after all, nor is it catching like the flu.
 
I tried to eat that spicy Indonesian rice dish named 'nasi goreng' again yesterday, but it was not a success and I am going to have to accept that hot spicy foods do not agree with me. While I was making it, I already had my doubts about it, but it was the only choice of food I had, because I was out of things to fix. I will have to make a trip to the grocery store and stock up on things. One thing is clear, I will know what to buy that does agree with me. I have by now become an expert on that.
 
In the past few days it has rained more than it would have in the whole month of September. We have had regular deluges. I was lucky in that I could take Tyke for a walk in between the worst of it and we hardly got wet. Tyke did walk through the biggest puddles and enjoyed that very much. I think his paws are still wet.
 
 
 

2 comments:

Gail said...

We are once again in need of rain...push some our way.

I admire your honesty.

Anonymous said...

Brava. Anyone who cannot love you for who you are didn't love you that much to start with--that's what I figure.