Friday, February 26, 2010

Silly Woman!

After having written my cheerful post, and at 6 o'clock this morning, I got dressed and very optimistically took Tyke for a walk. We had been cooped up inside for a few days, after all, and it was time we got out. I thought I felt well enough to do it, so I was more than willing to go and when Tyke saw me get my hiking boots on, he was more than willing to go too.

We didn't go very far. I didn't want to push my luck, it being my first outing since I got sick, and we walked for only twenty minutes or so. Imagine my surprise when I was completely out of breath when we got home and I didn't feel so good. My chest hurt and I had a pain between my shoulder blades. I took off my hiking boots and laid down on the sofa to rest and catch my breath, but I stayed out of breath and the pain didn't go away. I was mighty uncomfortable.

Finally, at 8:30, I called the doctor's office and told the nurse what my problem was and she told me to come in at 9 o'clock. I went over there when it was time, which is only a 5 minute walk away from here, and soon saw my doctor. He listened to my lungs and said that I had a lower airway infection. He prescribed an antibiotic and paracetamol with codeine for the pain. I had the nurse fax the prescription to the pharmacy and the Exfactor is going to pick it up for me on the way over here.

I had so many plans for today. I wanted to take Tyke for several walks and I wanted to do some chores, but now I know that I'm unable to do those things, because the least little thing causes me to be completely out of breath and it hurts. I will have to be dependent on the Exfactor to get some things done around here and maybe walk Tyke one more time.

It sure is a bummer. I have to use up all the medication and if I'm not better then, I have to go see the doctor again. I was so upbeat this morning, because I thought I was getting better, but now I'm looking at a longer recuperation time. Of course, with the antibiotic I will get better fast. I just don't want to get down because of this. I do want to keep my mood up and it's not really good if I am forced to be so inactive. Physical health and mental health go hand in hand.

So, it's a good thing I went to see the doctor, otherwise I would have walked around with this forever. Now I'm going to lie down again and wait for the Exfactor to bring the medicines that will make me better.



Babaloo said...

Oh, I'm glad you went to see the doctor! I never do and I know I should, I just keep hoping things go back to normal by themselves. But it looks like you need the meds, so here's hoping they start working soon.

Don't overdo things today!

(P.S.: I do hope you're not smoking at the moment...)

Elaine said...

I hope you feel better soon. x

Connie Rose said...

How lucky for you your doctor is so close, and they could get you right in. Hope you *really* recover over the weekend! XOX

Twain12 said...

take it easy and hopefully the meds do their thing ..speedy recovery ♥

Wisewebwoman said...

I will NOT say I told you so.

Maggie May said...

Just as well you caught it before it got to the lungs. Keep off the ciggies for a while. REALLY Nora!
Hope you sleep well. X

Nuts in May

Gail said...

So you shall be cured and I am sure this is why you were down alittle. The body was talking but you were not listening. I do that alot.

Here's to your quick recovery.

Марина said...
I’ve always been interested in traveling. To see new places, to meet new people-what can be better? Yesterday I was searching on the internet and came across the site. The site is a real treasury! There is information there about all the possible places worth visiting on all the 6 continents with the best hotels to stay there and ships to get there! I fell in love with those bright pictures and even chose something for myself! The next step is to find money to get there!