Monday, June 18, 2012

Trademark...


Since it is really my trademark to write about coffee in all of my posts, I'll mention it first and get that out of the way. It always makes for a good beginning and sets the tone for the rest of the post. It gets me in the right mood, sort to say. 

So let me tell you that I'm drinking my third cup of coffee and that I'm doing that instead of taking a nap which I was in danger of needing after the domestic help left. I get so bored of sitting around doing nothing but petting the dog when she is here that it makes me feel sleepy and long for my bed. 

I never feel that I can do anything important while the domestic help is here because I would only get in the way of her so I make myself as unobtrusive as possible. I sit in one spot as much as possible until I have to move out of the way when she vacuums and mops the floors.

I don't feel that I can quite relax because I do feel that I have to keep an eye on her as she moves through the apartment and cleans it. Now that she's five months pregnant she's getting a little too relaxed and isn't cleaning as well as she did before. She's done in one hour and she should work for two. She's cleaning the French way. 

She wants to keep working until she's eight months pregnant but I wonder how she'll be able to. I'm sure she doesn't want to lose her job and benefits and I'm not going to complain about her, but I do want to know what has been cleaned and what hasn't. I have to let the other domestic help know. It is a bit of a problem. 

I'm seeing my therapist on Thursday to discuss the fact that I'm unhappy with her. I let my psychiatrist know that in an email today. I feel that I have to speak up for myself, but that it's not a popular thing to do. I have to tell myself that it's normal to make demands and claim what you are rightfully entitled to, but I feel some trepidation. 

I do know what I want. I am in charge of my life and the things and events in it and I would like to be in some sort of control of them. I don't like for other people to come around and mess them up. I would like for things to run as smoothly as I can make them. I do wish for some amount of peace and quiet as I strive hard enough for that. 

Ciao,
Irene




3 comments:

Gail said...

I'm sure she will do more if you ask. Maybe she has such a routine that she is doing what is required in a quicker time.

Hope you resolve your problem and it is good for everyone involved.

Rob-bear said...

Well written, coffee lady.

Maybe you'll become inspired and become your own domestic help. But considering the number of coffee breaks you take, would you hire you on as chief cleaner? That does pose an interesting challenge, doesn't it.

Maggie May said...

I thought I'd better mention that I'm a hopeless tea addict and we seem to brew up every few hours.
Strangely, I seem to drink coffee occasionally when I go to a cafe with friends. I'm not keen on it though so I don't know why I do that.

Another lovely day today.
Hope you got on OK with your meeting.
Maggie X

Nuts in May