Thursday, June 14, 2012

Options...


It was a choice to either have some coffee or go take a nap. I chose for the coffee and am waiting for the coffeemaker to finish brewing it so I can have a much needed cup. I will forsake the nap and save up my sleep for tonight when I will go to bed at a fairly decent time. I won't have to watch any football matches anyway after last night's debacle when the Dutch team lost against Germany. They haven't won a match yet. It's a terrible situation and I'm much disgusted and so is the rest of the population of this country.We're all walking around in a bad mood. 

I mustn't let that press my fun and immediately move on to other things more uplifting. I will not let the defeat of the Dutch football team determine my outlook for the rest of the day.  I'm sure there are other more important things that are of influence such as this cup of coffee I'm having now and the fact that the sun is shining into the living room. That does alter your mood and make you more cheerful. There's nothing as welcome as a bit of sunshine after all these days of cloudy skies and showers. I'm going to enjoy it as much as I can. 

I knew I would cheer myself up writing about that. Just making a note of it is enough to make me happier. The fact that it's getting warmer in the living room does also because it was a little bit chilly in here and I wasn't about to close the windows. It is June after all and that would be admitting defeat. For the same reason I can't turn on the heater even if it does get cold in here. I am bound and determined to keep believing that summer will get here yet and that it will happen in my lifetime. 

I'm wearing a summery top that is new, but at the same time I'm wearing my jeans and a jeans jacket. I'm not quite as warm and comfortable as I'd like to be. I'd like to wear a pair of socks too and a scarf around my neck, but I thought that might be a bit too pessimistic and not in keeping with the time of year. It's always a bit of a struggle to decide what to wear in the morning because I want to wear my summer clothes, but the weather discourages me from doing so. Wearing layers seems to be the best way to deal with it. 

The dog is watching the maintenance people from the city clean up the municipal flowerbeds. They are making an awful lot of noise because they are using power tools. I liked it better in the olden days when things were done by hand and it was a gentle occupation. I'm sure people were more skilled back then too. Nowadays everything seems to get cut back indiscriminately. The dog was sleeping in the sunshine on the dining table. He was very rudely disturbed in his sleep. 

I will now go take him for a walk and enjoy some of the sunshine. Hopefully, it will be warmer outside than it is in here.

Have a great day.

Ciao,
Irene




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're having a cold June too? So am I, and I'm thoroughly sick of it. Although, like you, I've brought out the summer tops and still layering them, I've only worn capris once so far this spring and not a single one of the pretty little summery skirts that I own! When oh when will summer arrive?!

Rob-bear said...

I understand. It's been raining for the last two days, off and on (more on than off). And our football team lost last night, too. (Different football league.)

In the meantime, I'm sitting her in a t-shirt and shorts. It seems my internal thermostat is set very high.

When you can chop everything down with machinery, it seems there is not much impetus to work carefully. Hand gardening is grand, if you have the time an stamina. I'm like Tyke; if that started up here, I would be rudely awakened, too

Wisewebwoman said...

Miss the days of non-slash-and-burn. It is a creeping sickness that has taken over a once peaceful and nurturing occupation.

the bottom line rules yet again.

Enjoy your sleep, my dear!

XO
WWW