Friday, September 24, 2010

A little nap...

I took what was supposed to be a little after dinner nap, but woke up four hours later instead, all sweaty and hot and bothered. I took off some clothes to cool off and made myself a cup of coffee and quickly came to my senses again and now it's raining outside and for some reason that sounds just right and I wish to go stand in it and let myself get completely wet. It's thundering and lightening too, though, so I guess I better not. It's really pouring down hard, it's raining buckets, sort to say.

Today I waited for my package with the long sleeved top to get here, but when it didn't at the usual time, I checked the mailbox and sure enough, it was in there. At least I didn't waste the rest of the afternoon waiting for it, because I did have to walk Tyke. I tried on the top right away and I'm happy with it. It fits perfectly and is gray, which is the fashion color this winter, and it can be worn layered with another top underneath. I wore it when I took Tyke for his walk, because I was already wearing the perfect clothes to go with it. Never let it be said that I'm not well dressed when I walk the dog.

It was a perfectly lovely day. The sun was shining and it was pleasantly warm. The rain that had been predicted had not come yet. This will have been our last nice weather. After this we get cooler temperatures and more rain, real autumn weather. Well, it is almost October after all. Can you believe that? The leaves are changing color and there is an autumn like quality in the air. The sun is lower on the horizon and sets earlier in the evening. It becomes dawn later and the birds aren't up as early. I tell myself that I don't mind these things, and I think I really don't, it's only the dead of winter I don't like.

The Exfactor was supposed to be here today, but this morning I got an email from him saying that he would not come and that he would be here tomorrow instead. There was no reason why. Now, tomorrow is a bad day for me and he knows it. That's when my personal helper is here and my domestic help. I also have an appointment with my psychiatrist. He's done this to me before, cancel without an explanation and come on a day when it was not convenient at all and it really ticks me off. I said so in a return email. It seems that something better comes along and that he just changes his mind. I haven't heard a thing from him yet and he will probably just show up some time tomorrow. Gggrrr!

I mustn't let that aggravation spoil my mood, which was nice and mellow. I intend to be in a good mood before I go to bed. I'm slowly getting ready to. I'm already yawning and any minute now I'm going to put on my pajamas.

I hope you all have a good night!

Ciao,
Nora

6 comments:

CorvusCorax12 said...

have a good night :)

Wisewebwoman said...

Sleep tight, etc.
XO
WWW

Bernie said...

Have a wonderful night's sleep and I hope a great day tomorrow.....don't worry about the ex, just be happy he does what he does to help you.....think positive. Sending big hugs....:-)

young-eclectic-encounters said...

Put on some soothing music maybe some Enya and listen to the music and the rain and enjoy your evening.
Take care Johnina :^A

lebanesa said...

Well, I suppose he did at least let you know. You told him what you thought and I'm sure you have moved on and forgotten it. Hope the rest of the day went smoothly

hugs
xxxx

Jeannette StG said...

I'm with Frances -at least he let you know!Am proud of you that you won't let it spoil your mood:)