Saturday, May 29, 2010

Starting the weekend.

Much to my satisfaction, I slept nine hours last night and I think I could actually have slept more. I went to bed early, because I was pooped and fell asleep almost instantly. I woke up at 7:30 this morning and thought I was done sleeping and had only one cup of coffee initially, but just now I had to make myself a second cup, because I started to yawn something awful and the sofa was starting to look awfully attractive. I'm sure I will end up taking a nap today, but for now I will keep myself awake with the coffee.

I went on the bathroom scale this morning and had lost another 1.5 kilos. So now I have to lose 6.5 kilos total (14.3 lbs). I can't tell that I've lost the weight. My stomach is so bloated for some reason. I think I'm going to have to eat some high fiber cereal. Things get more complicated as you get older and you need to make all sorts of efforts to make them work well. I may try that special yogurt with the good bacteria that's supposed to be helpful with these kinds of problems. I'll add it to my shopping list the next time.

Sleeping well is such a blessing. It's an amazing thing to wake up with the sun shining through the blinds and not to be up in the dark. Of course, it makes me have to answer my emails and write my blog posts during the day, but since it's the weekend, it doesn't matter much. I do miss out on all the birds singing in the early morning. I sleep right through that.

I took Tyke for a walk this morning and he was just stubborn enough for me not to worry about him too much, and when we got home he pestered Gandhi for a bit. Other than that, he is well behaved and sleeps a lot, very close to me and sometimes right on top of my feet. I think he wants to feel secure and hasn't forgotten his operation yet. His eye still looks red and I'm waiting for that to start looking better. I think he is having a little bit of a harder time than the first time he was operated on.

I made the mistake of drinking sweet lemonade after I had my first cup of coffee and it made me feel very tired and down, making me more sure that I should not have sweet things to drink. They go into my system rapidly and I do not react well to them. I always become very down and out. I react the same way to alcohol. It works as a downer. So does sugar. It sure doesn't make me hyper. A cup of coffee is the best solution, as it straightens out my head very quickly.

It's supposed to rain this weekend, but so far the sun is shining and it's pleasant outside. I did have to wear my denim jacket, but it was actually not too cold. At least it has pockets to put the baggies and my keys in when I walk Tyke. I always forget to bring my mobile phone, but I don't think it is necessary that I'm available all the time. I figure if I miss a call, I can always call back. I'm not so important that I need to be within close distance of it all the time.

I think I'll call my sister and see if she wants to take the dogs for a walk together.



Gail said...

Sounds like a wonderful plan, enjoy your day.

Twain12 said...

hope she said yes :), nice day here too although they are calling for rain tonight. We'll see , they are not always to accurate.
Have a good day ♥

Friend of the Bear said...

Hi Nora. Glad you had such a good night. I had only a little sleep but better than the previous night at least.

Wow! You're certainly getting the weight off quickly! I take good bacteria tablets every morning - they work very well.

It has already been raining here. I'm just grateful that it's so much cooler!

Glad your doggie continues to improve.

Bearfriend xx

Bernie said...

Oh it is cold and wet here today Nora, so glad you are having sunshine.
Hope Tyke's eye heals okay, perhaps if it is still red on Monday you should call his vet.
Now I'm thinking that if your sister says yes to the walk you will feel up and much better, so hopefully she said yes.
Keeping you in my heart and prayers........:-) Hugs