Monday, September 10, 2012

A beauty sleep...

Since I quit so many of those god awful medicines, I've had just one stroke of bad luck and that is that I sleep very poorly at night. I sleep in one hour segments and in between I'm wide awake for long periods of time. All together I get maybe 3 or 4 hours of sleep and I don't really make up for that during the day.

Last night this finally got on my nerves and I decided that I was more than ready to have a normal night's sleep. I had some sleeping pills left over that my psychiatrist prescribed for me at one point and took two of those and very expectantly laid me down to rest in my bed. I then proceeded to sleep very soundly for eight hours and when I woke up, I jumped out of bed in the best of moods. 

I wasn't hung over or groggy as you might have expected so I sent my psychiatrist an email respectfully asking him for more of these pills. I haven't heard from him yet and it is possible that he is not in the office. Luckily, I have two pills left so I can take those tonight. I'm not letting the chance at another peaceful night go by unnecessarily. I do know a good thing when I see it. 

My personal helper still comes to see me on Monday mornings but we are going to have to start tapering off because now it is just a coffee visit. We discuss very ordinary things and no problems because there aren't any and we have no real reason to get together anymore other than that we enjoy it. That's not a good enough excuse to get specialized help. 

My Monday afternoon domestic help  has gone with maternity leave but I've got somebody really good instead. He is a medical student and a vegetarian and politically to the left and a great conversation partner. He works very thoroughly too and he likes Tyke and Tyke likes him. I think from now on I only want intellectual domestic help. I made a phone call to the dispatcher who plans the schedules and made sure I always get this person. 

When you very often run into people with limited conversation skills and the resulting subject matters, it is a great relief to meet someone with opinions and the ability to express them. I often feel frustrated and deprived and breathe a sigh of relief when I can have a good conversation. 

I've officially become a member of the political party I'm voting for on Wednesday and let them know that I'm available for volunteer work. I hope to hear from them soon and that they will put me to use speedily. I've got enough free time that I can fill and I even don't mind being busy in the evenings. 

I will have so much to do that I will stay out of trouble forever.

1 comment:

CorvusCorax12 said...

sounds pretty god LOL..just get into a little trouble ;)