Saturday, October 29, 2011

Getting started again...


It's always a bit tough to get started up again after I've woken up from a nap. I try to do it without drinking a cup of coffee, but it's impossible. I need at least two of them to get back to normal. 

I don't know why I'm so stubborn at first to think I can do without. I blame it on temporary brain failure. It's only when I hit total bottom that I realize I have to do something about it and make a pot of coffee.

I'm nearly alright now. I'm working on my second cup. 

For a while there it was touch and go and I knew I shouldn't write anything because it might have come out very wrong. Luckily, I do have an internal censor who keeps me from making major blunders. 

My eyes have gotten used to the glasses, even to the correction for the astigmatism. I miss them now when I don't have them on, like when I wake up from a nap.  

I see these words on the screen ever so much better.

I've gotten used to how I look with them on too and I think my haircut matches them very well. I should remember to put in some earrings so I will look more feminine. I look a little butch right now. 

I am wearing a mini skirt today along with some pretty leggings that I bought yesterday. Nobody can mistake me for a boy. Besides, I do have some feminine curves despite all the weight that I lost. And I do still have breasts.

I took the dog for a long walk this afternoon, but I can't say that it was much of a pleasure. He dawdled most of the time and I had to literally pull him along. He thought there were items of interest under every fallen leaf and there were a lot of them. 

As we walked, showers of leaves fell on us and this was while the sun was shining on us too because it was a nice day. I was dressed too warm in my leather jacket. Just a cardigan would have sufficed. 

I've got to take the dog for a walk now and it's already dark outside. It's tough when duty calls you out into the night, but at least it isn't cold. 

Have a good evening all of you.

Ciao,
Nora

4 comments:

Maggie May said...

Glad you like the varifocals..... I knew you would. I could never manage with out mine now.

We've had a very cold day today with rain on & off & high winds.
The clocks go forward tonight so we haven't the same urgency to get up early in the morning. I hate the dark evenings, though.
Have a good sleep.
Maggie X

Nuts in May

CorvusCorax12 said...

i'm sure you look very nice...it sounds nice :), we are waiting for a Nor'easter which will bring us our first snowstorm. I guess it already started in NY. Winter has arived i guess :S

Bernie said...

Hello dear friend, so sorry I have been away awhile. Life just got in the way of my blogging, somehow the days just ran out of time.
You sound great, I too have lost 25.5 pounds and my joints are so much better. I am so happy you are doing well....big hugs, xo

Gail said...

Ahh, the long awaited glasses arrived. You will soon wonder how you did so well with out them.

Enjoy the beautiful weather and your walk.