Monday, October 03, 2011

No blues for the happy few...


Well, it's not as if I ever have the blues when I get up in the middle of the night, but I'm also not planning on having them for the rest of the day. They are the remotest thing from my mind. I'm sitting here quite contentedly with a cup of coffee and a cigarette and my mood is somewhere in the middle range where it belongs. I'm not having a terrific high from which I will tumble down to a terrific low. 

Having established that, I can now get on with writing the rest of this post, which may not be as easy as it seems. It does require some thinking capacity and I don't know how capable I am of that right now. I'm enormously distracted by the cat and the dog who are racing through the apartment hell bent on making as much racket as they can. I do hope that they settle down soon. 

Yesterday was a lovely day as Sundays go. Because it's a day I don't have any expectations of, it usually turns out well. I leave some chores to do to prevent boredom on that day and that works out well. I changed the bed and did laundry and washed the dishes and generally picked up the place so it looked tidy. It always has to look clean enough for the queen to be able to drop by unexpectedly.

This was after I had slept late in the morning and had taken my time getting my act together with a few cups of coffee. And after I had walked the dog in the sunshiny day. It's getting awfully boring to have nothing but sunshiny days. Oh, just wait and see, I'll come to regret those words.

Later in the afternoon I hopped on my bike and saw my sister and her friend and had a cold beer and Italian cookies that were made with Amaretto. Delicious! I had a cappuccino later to sober up again. 

My sister had gotten her first pair of reading glasses with a correction in one lens for her astigmatism. We made a date to go to Specsavers to get my glasses fitted and she will help me pick out a nice frame. I can trust her to do that. I will have to get varifocal glasses with also a correction for my astigmatism. My sister and I both have that in the same eye.

The dog was happy to see me return home and I took him for a walk and then had my dinner. I had mackerel in green pepper sauce and cheese. It was nice and warm inside and I didn't have to change my clothes, although I was skimpily dressed and stayed so for the rest of the evening. Enough sunshine still gets in through the living room windows in the afternoon to warm up the place.

It was great to get into a clean bed, but the duvet cover I have on there now is just a little thick and I was too warm at first. I had to cool down sufficiently first before I could pull the duvet over me. Then it was nice to get warm and I was asleep in no time. 

I woke up because the dog was gently barking at me for no reason that I could figure out. It must have been boredom that made him do it. It's never the cat that wakes me up, it's always the dog. He's like a spoiled toddler. 

Because today is Monday, I can't sleep late. As a matter of fact, I'll have to set the alarm clock. But it's that way for anybody, I'm no exception. I'm already yawning now, so that's a good sign. I'll be asleep again in no time.

I hope you'll all have a great day.

Ciao,
Nora

1 comment:

Maggie May said...

I also have astigmatism in one eye. Don't know what I'd do without my varifocals. I go to Specsavers too.
It is a slightly lower temperature today, (better for me.... & you. I guess). There is lovely sunshine though.

I gave my rabbits an empty cardboard box to play with, so they are well satisfied.

Enjoy your pets and your day.
Hope it is a lovely one.
Maggie X

Nuts in May