Saturday, October 01, 2011

Weekends...


Much as I may have claimed otherwise in the past, I think I don't like weekends anymore. I think I'm finding out that they are really too dull. Today I experienced as a rather unexciting and long lasting day with not much interesting happening in it. And it seemed to take forever to get over and done with too. But I already said that.

True, there were cultural programs on TV in the morning and they redeemed the day to some extend. And the Exfactor came over to drink coffee and do some groceries for me, so I did have some distraction. But the rest of the day collapsed like a soufflé and I hardly knew what to do with it. There wasn't much shine to it despite the everlasting sunshine.

I may have been a very dull person myself today and have been incapable of thinking of anything exciting to do with my time. That's very possible. I normally don't need to be entertained to enjoy my time. I'm satisfied very quickly and am happy if I can be peacefully and quietly occupied with hardly anything at all. I could look for the cause inside myself. 

But outside it was dull also. There hardly were any people out there and the world seemed like an abandoned place. I don't know where everyone went, unless they all went to the beach on this first day of October when it was such beautiful weather.

Whichever is true, I have to make sure that I don't have another day like it tomorrow because now I feel like I've completely wasted the day. At least I could have contemplated my navel and I didn't even do that. I didn't live in the moment and took no proactive role in my life. I let the day slowly slip away from me without putting a stop to it. I didn't do any mindful living.

Aren't I hard on myself? I did get dressed and walk the dog and eat when it was time. I took my medicines and a nap. I was dutiful. I guess I want to be more than that.

Now I'm sitting here with a cup of coffee, but I'm about to go to bed with a glass of milk. I'm looking forward to it very much. I'm going to fluff up my pillows and lay me down to sleep gently. If all goes well, I should sleep until the morning. 

Have a good night.

Ciao,
Nora

2 comments:

CorvusCorax12 said...

sorry you had such a boring day..i hope tomorrow will be better...i spend some time with my Son and his family today, so i can't complain

Gail said...

OH, what a day for a daydream...no time is ever wasted. Sweet dreams.