Sunday, August 14, 2011

Sunday, early in the morning...


Apparently, I've slept long enough because I'm up bright eyed and bushy tailed, having my cups of coffee and feeling wide awake and ready to start the day. How this situation came about I don't quite know myself either, but I'll enjoy the moment while I can. I hope it lasts more than a moment, as a matter of fact. I hope the feeling lasts for the rest of the day because that would make me one happy camper. 

I'm still sitting here in my pajamas and the animals are sound asleep in various spots in the living room. It's too early for them to start the day. They are used to me getting up much later than this. I don't mind the temporary peace and quiet this gives me. At least I don't have to get into action yet and toss balls and pour dishes of milk. I do it with love, but sometimes I like a time out. 

It was raining when I got up and rain is predicted for the rest of the day. I really don't mind too much, except that I do have to go out in it this afternoon when I'm going to see my sister and her friend. I do know which outfit I'm going to wear today and it's something completely different than what I have been wearing. 

For a change I'm not going to be wearing one of my pairs of skinny jeans. I think the novelty of them has worn off by now and I'm ready to wear some of my other clothes. I'm ready to wear a dress again. I do first have to clean up all the clothes I've been wearing this past week and that are lying around in the bathroom. 

It's not as if I haven't got an organized closet to put them in and there's always laundry to do. Things can easily get washed if they're needed to. I've got about two loads to do and I will do them today. At least I'm in the mood for them. They will not be a horrible chore that I'm not looking forward to. In my present mood, I can handle laundry. Besides, it's usually one of my more favorite jobs. 

It's not very cold in here but I had to put my bathrobe on nevertheless. I think it is because it's so damp that it feels colder. We won't have any sunshine at all today and it will feel like fall out there. That means it's going to be dark in the living room and I will have to turn some lights on to make it cozy. 

I think I will get into action now and start cleaning up my clothes. At least I know that I won't run out of hangers. I've got enough of them. There's enough space on my shelves too since the purge. 

I hope you'll all have a good Sunday, although with a little bit of sunshine. 

Ciao,
Nora






4 comments:

Maggie May said...

You sound a lot better today, Nora.
Hope you have a very contented day.

Your animals must have learned to be a bit adaptable as you go through your different phases of mood.
I was feeding my rabbits at 6.30 this morning. I don't suppose many rabbits have that privilege.
Once I am awake in the morning I don't seem to be able to lie in these days.

Today is quite humid but overcast. I suppose it could do anything.Maggie X

Nuts in May

CorvusCorax12 said...

glad it looks like you are having a good day...it is sunny here and the temperature is pleasant.Enjoy your day ♥

Gail said...

Sounds like a wonderful start to what will be a fantastic day...enjoy.

Bernie said...

You do sound much happier Nora, I hope you had a wonderful Sunday. I have not been on my computer much these past few days as I have had company from home, enjoyed them very much but am also enjoying the quiet again. Sending big hugs...:-)