Tuesday, August 30, 2011

When in doubt, blog...


By my standards, it is relatively early in the morning and I don't know what I'm doing out of bed already either. I did have a desire for a cup of coffee and a cigarette so I guess that's what drove me out of my bed and into the kitchen. 

It's a small step from there to the computer because now I have oodles of time to sit here and write a post. I wouldn't know what else to do right now anyway while I drink my numerous cups of coffee and wait for my medicines to start working. Any minute now I should start turning into a semblance of a cheerful human being. 

If I keep telling myself that often enough I will start believing in it myself.  I'm willing myself to see the glass half full. I'll be darned if I'm going to see it any other way. I will be cheerful and relaxed, come hell or high water. The fact that maybe I'm up too early has nothing to do with it. Lots of people get up before they're ready to and function. It's something I have to deal with.

I think it will take a second cup of coffee which I will have to drink with powdered creamer because the milk is all gone. The Exfactor will come to the rescue some time this morning and go grocery shopping. I will be so happy to have cold milk again. I haven't had a tall glass to drink since last night and I'm going through withdrawal symptoms. 

The dog has decided to take advantage of the situation and is telling me that he wants to go out for a walk now. He is waiting very impatiently beside me after I told him to wait a minute. I suppose I will get dressed and comb my hair and take him out. The fresh air should do me good.

I'm off to start the day. Off I go on my jolly way. Not to be defeated. 

Ciao,
Nora






1 comment:

Maggie May said...

I loved that picture that you used! Made me smile.
Hope today has been kind to you.
Maggie X

Nuts in May