Tuesday, May 22, 2012

It's always something...


It's a beautiful day out. The sky is blue and the sun is shining and the temperatures are great. It feels like a summer day and the weatherman was right. He predicted it. It will stay this way for the rest of the week and I am totally agreeable to it. I just walked the dog and it was a pure pleasure to be out there. The bees were buzzing amongst the wildflowers and the birds were twittering in the trees. All that was missing were the butterflies.

I could not walk quickly because I think I have broken my toe. I did it this morning when I walked into the edge of a metal sign that the Exfactor had temporarily placed against my bike that was parked in the hallway. I noticed it on the way to the toilet, but forgot about it on the way back. It was quite a bang and I used a swear word because it hurt so much.The sign was big and heavy and did not move an inch.

As the day wore on, my toe got worse and I hobble a bit when I walk. Even when I sit still it hurts. It is the middle toe of my left foot and I know nothing can be done about it, so I've put a sock on it and I'm wearing my sneakers for comfort. That gives me some idea of support, but to tell you the truth, I think it isn't helping one bit and I may as well take them off. I have taken a paracetamol and I hope that will do.

Other than that, it's been a nice day. I think that's mostly due to the amount of sunshine that's coming in through the living room windows. It does cheer me up. It makes me a better person. I'm much more agreeable when the sun shines, although I'm always kind. At least I try to be in spite of myself. I do get grumpy at times. 

That's not something a cup of coffee can't take care of and I've had mine. I'm all caffeinated now. I did take a small nap earlier because I got up on time this morning. I was expecting the Exfactor but I had no idea what time he was getting here because he is hard to pin down. When he got here, he asked me to iron two long sleeved shirts for him, but since he always does the groceries, it was a pleasure for me to be able to do that. 

I hadn't ironed any men's shirts in a long time and had forgotten how much work they are if you want to do a good job. It seems that every time you run the iron over them, you iron a new wrinkle into them. It is frustrating.

I've got to watch the news and eat dinner. It's that time of the day again.

Ciao,
Irene

4 comments:

Cate Rose said...

So glad you've had a delightful day, but sorry about your toe! xox

Maggie May said...

Sorry to hear about the toe. Hope the pain eases off soon.
I'm still in a great deal of pain with that ankle wrench last week. I did check it at the local A&E but it isn't fractured. Still hurts though.
Today is going to be our hottest day of the year.

Maggie X

Nuts in May

Rob-bear said...

Glad you have had such a good day outside. We've been through the first day of what is supposed to be a three-day rain. Damp + dark = gloomy.

Sorry to hear about your toe. Perhaps you could put some ice on (or around) that toe. If nothing else, the ice will decrease the swelling. I remember one time thinking I had broken a toe. Put ice on it and slept. Woke up and the toe was so much better, and never bothered me after that.

FWIW, I never iron my dress shirts. By time I get where I'm going, they will be wrinkled even if I do iron them. I just hang them up damp out of the washing machine. Works quite well, actually. You should train the Exfactor.

VioletSky said...

ouch.
I had a possibly broken toe once, very, very painful.