Saturday, May 12, 2012

Back to the future...


I've stopped reducing my anti-psychotic medication and have gone back to the original dose.I figured there was no need to go through all that stress and anxiety and near craziness because I had it in my head to get along on a lesser dose. I consider the reduction to be a failed experiment and I will let my psychiatrist know on Monday. 

I do have to tell you that since increasing the dose, I feel a lot better, but that maybe because of the sedative qualities of the medication. I will have to be on this dose for a couple of days to really be able to tell the difference. I do feel a lot of relief and am glad that the reality of the situation dawned on me. 

It did take a while but in the end common sense prevailed. I was short of that for some time and could not think straight very well. It was especially bad in the morning when I was run over by an avalanche of anxiety. That was a tough way to start the day and I don't recommend it to anyone. 

It's better to sit in peacefulness and solitude and drink your coffee quietly when you first get up. The most you want to do is pet your dog or cat. That's how it should be. A person should always have a gentle start. 

I've had some coffee just now and walked the dog so I am in near perfect shape. I've had my caffeine and some fresh air which were just what I needed. I'm no health nut but I do know that I have to get out of the apartment every once in a while and stretch my limbs. Thank goodness that I have the dog to take me. 

It wouldn't quite work out with the cat unless I was willing to jump over fences and garden gates. That would be one way to get a work out but I'm afraid I'm not that limber or strong. I probably couldn't pull up my own weight to clamber over a fence. I would have had to have long years of practice. 

I hope you're all having a good day. 

Ciao,
Irene








5 comments:

Cate Rose said...

As they say, "better living through chemistry." As I say, "whatever works!" Have a great weekend, my friend. xox

VioletSky said...

I have been thinking of you and a little concerned. Sometimes, it takes a few experiments to find the right combination.

Rob-bear said...

I don't think the experiment failed. It simply proved that the person prescribing the medications knows what he/she is doing. (I tust that is a relief.) And that you are not ready for lower doses. Yet. That time may come. Hopefully it will. Soon.

While you're waiting for the "yet" to happen, take your meds, drink you coffee, pet the cat, and walk the dog. Sounds like a great start to the day!

Blessings and Bear hugs.

Maggie May said...

If something works well for you, then there should be no problem. Just stick with it.
Today seems nice & sunny. Hope The Netherlands is too and that you enjoy the day.
Maggie X

Nuts in May

Wisewebwoman said...

You know best what works and what doesn't.
As long as you are on an even keel and doing the do things.
XO
WWW