Saturday, January 17, 2009

Very Soon Now...

No people, I am not back on line yet, but it has been promised to me that I will be back on line on Wednesday and I have already been given a new phone number. So, I am counting the days. Once I said to them that I did not need to keep my old phone number, things sped up quite considerably and all my phone calls started to bear results. On Wednesday, I will email all of you my new email address and my new phone number and I hope to be on line quickly that day, but it is a busy day and I am already trying to figure out the logistics of it. I may have to skip some obligations. What is more important than making the hook up with the Internet, after all?

In the meantime, all is well. The weather has improved dramatically and today it feels like early spring. It is half cloudy and the sun comes out regularly to shine on us. The temperatures are pleasant and there is barely any wind. I am still enjoying the view of the grass and some of the stubborn wild flowers that still want to pop out of the ground. Some of the shrubbery in people's gardens are evergreens and are indistructable. There is always something to look at, but the trees are bare and I can't wait to see the first green fuzz on them, although I know I'm being very optimistic now. 

The Uberhund and I have been taking short walks, but now that the weather is getting better we will increase our distances again. He has been looking longingly at the street corners we don't go to and this morning I took him to the tobacconist with me and he enjoyed that. He doesn't actually like being in the shop, especially not when it is crowded with people, but he likes the walk over and back. 

His eye is better, there is no infection in there anymore as far as I can tell, but I am going to use up the eye gel just to be sure. His eye lens is a little bit cloudy and that may be the permanent damage that he suffered from it, but it doesn't look nearly as bad as it has. Really, you wouldn't think that he is going to be 12 years old this May, he is in such good shape yet and manages so well. 

I have been seeing the Exfactor regularly and it has been interesting. I always enjoy it when he comes over, but then I try to figure out where he fits in the scheme of things in my life. I thought, what if I had to choose between an Internet connection and the Exfactor and I chose for the Internet connection. I do like him in regular small dosages, but I don't think that I would ever like to live permanently with him again 24 hours a day. I can not be that generous with my time and space again, as I have become very protective of what is mine and I am unwilling to share a lot of it. I like moving around independently in my own little world and have things my own way and I would even hate to share the Uberhund with someone else. 

The Uberhund and I have such a good life together. We are perfectly in tune with each other and very much connected. He knows all the endearments I call him by and wags his stubby tail when I do, even when it is in dialect. He wakes me up in the middle of the night when my breathing goes funny because op my sleep apnea, and goes to sleep peacefully when he knows I'm okay. He follows me where ever I go, and if he looses track of me, because he is sound asleep, he looks in every room until he has found me again. He's always keeping an eye on me. I think I am very attached to him. 

I have solved the falling asleep during the day problem. Instead of taking my antypsychotica in two doses, one in the morning and one at night, I now take them both at night so it doesn't make me sleepy during the day. It works much better and as a result I sleep better at night too. This morning I actually slept until 9 AM, which is unheard off. Of course, there isn't that temptation to blog and that keeps me in bed longer too, but I must make a habit of it.

Well, that all I have to report for today, except to say that a storm just blew in and it just is starting to rain, although that is still better than snow. I will never wax romantically about snow again. I have been cured. 

I will try to blog some more between now and Wednesday, D-day. Lord, I will have gone 3 weeks without the Internet and without the telephone. All for the sake of trying to sake a buck.

Have a great day, people. Talk to you soon. 




Tessa said...

Lovely spring-like day here too! Even hung my washing outside for the first time in months (it seems!)

So pleased to hear that you are sleeping better at night now - it does make the days seem brighter even if they're not, doesn't it?

Bev said...

I like the word 'anti psychotica'. Is a real word I wonder or have you made it up...sounds like erotica.

I patted a cocker spaniel today and thought of you....They do have stubby tails and he was waggy his in greeting to me as I walked up though I had never seen him before.

VioletSky said...

I love that Uberhund even understands dialect!!

Glad things with the internet connection has sped up a little.

Millennium Housewife said...

I'm so glad you have your dog, and your own space... Happy New Year, MH

Grit said...

yes please for the improved weather and the further-away street corners! i'm with the uberhund. i am longing for some days we can all bound off outside to play! roll on wednesday!

Maggie May said...

lovely to hear from you again. Glad all is well and that Wednesday is the big connection day.I bet you won't want to change servers again!

Good for you getting the medication right and sleeping better during the night.

It has been Spring like here, but tonight is blowing a gale.Its supposed to be really bad in Scotland, but it sounds bad here.
back to normal soon. Take care. X

Breakfast in California said...

Good to hear from you! I'm glad you're sleeping through the night and that it's warmed up a bit. I watched a film you might like, Greenfinger, with Helen Mirren and Clive Owen. Have you seen it?

I'm looking forward to Wednesday. Miss you!

Wisewebwoman said...

Good to see you posting, Irene dear.
And I love how Jasker takes care of you and wakes you up. What a wonderful dog!
Ansa is at my side always too, I feel so safe with her.
Wednesday will come soon.

Jo Beaufoix said...

Well Irene, you have done so well to keep blogging while you've been internetless. (I may have just made up a new word.) Sounds like you're doing pretty well though and it sounds like a beautiful day there.

I would really like some snow still, just so the girls can build a snowman, but I'm glad you are now snow free as I don't want your knees to get too sore. Hugs.

aims said...

Oh Irene.

So much has happened to you while I've been lazing around the Mississippi.

Hope it straightens out soon.

You sound good otherwise and the Uberhound sounds so much like my Dolly that I almost cried. Hold him tight - and cuddle him a bit for me. There is nothing like the true love of an animal. Nothing.

btw - didn't know you were a fellow sleep apnea sufferer. I'm still waiting for my final test then I'll have to have a machine. Drat. But I guess the final result will be feeling rested instead of fatigued. Drat drat and double drat.

Bev said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
softinthehead said...

Keeping my fingers crossed for Wednesday :)

Babaloo said...

Dearest Irene, I can't believe it - I've gone on holidays for a whole week and when I come back you still have no internet. 3 weeks you say? Wow! I usually have an internet-free Sunday but that's as far as I go. Amazing how used we've got to this internet lark, eh?

Hope all will be settled by Wednesday and you'll be able to post regularly again.

Mean Mom said...

There has been some sun, at times, here, so things have cheered up a bit, as long as you are not out and about too late. The evenings are still cold and dark.

I'm glad that the Uberhund's eye is better and that he watches over you. It must be very comforting.

Fingers crossed for your internet connection!

Lane said...

Not long now Irene. Fingers crossed.

Hope you've escaped the gales there. Just as dodgy as ice when you're riding your bike, I would imagine:-(

laurie said...

it all sounds great, irene! i've missed you.

Maureen said...

Oh yes! It has warmed up here too! On Wednesday, it was -50C with the windchill. Today it was -5C!

A difference of 45 degrees in just a few days!

Although it will be MONTHS before any plant has the ability to start sprouting again!!!

Elaine said...

I would have gone insane if it was 3 days, let alone 3 weeks!

You're a strong woman, Irene! x