Saturday, January 14, 2012

Forgetfulness...

I'm glad it is the weekend and I can leave this awfully strange week behind me and have two very ordinary days. The reason I say it's been an awfully strange week, is because it feels as though it's been filled with out of the ordinary events and that it actually contained more than the ordinary amount of days. The days went by quickly enough but there seemed to be so many of them, making it look like a long week. Looking back on it now, it seems like a very odd time.

I'm more than ready for things to return to normal and for me to find my natural niche again, albeit in a somewhat modefied form. I do take my experiences and the lessons I learned from them with me, but I can't put my old self overboard and conjur up a whole new person. I think I was trying too hard to do that. I was forcing a metamorphosis on myself that was too far removed from my original self and it became painful. I can't chuck myself out with yesterday's rubbish.

To thine own self be true. 

I'm sitting here with a glass of cold milk in my comfortable, warm bathrobe, but in my mind I'm already going back to bed. I think I'm ready to go to sleep so I can start the weekend properly in the morning. 

Ciao,
Nora

2 comments:

Bernie said...

To thine ownself be true, gotta love that. I hope you have a wonderful weekend and that everything returns to normal for you. I am having a quiet weekend as it is so cold outside. I will pick up groceries after Mass tomorrow night and that is all I will do. Sleep well my friend....Hugs

Cate Rose said...

Hope you have a great weekend. We all need to remember to let change happen naturally, as evolution rather than revolution. For our personal selves, anyway. For the world and our bizarre social structures, revolution is definitely called for.
xox