Monday, July 21, 2014

How I deal with it.

I do most of my communicating about my journey with cancer on Facebook and I have a tone of voice there that is lighthearted and humorous because that is how I deal with all of this in real life. I can't seem to find that tone of voice here in this blog and I have been more and more reluctant to sit down and write anything about what I am going through. 

I do not want to rehash every detail of every test and treatment and procedure in this blog when the people who are interested already are reading about them on Facebook. There are maybe a few of you that I am not Facebook friends with, but that is easily solved by getting in contact with me and exchanging names. Not many people leave comments on my posts, so I can only assume that there is not enough interest to want to know how the rest of the story unfolds. 

If you only want to exchange email addresses, than that is fine too. I'd be happy to start up a correspondence that way. As long as I have the time and energy, I am willing to spend them on a good cause. 

For now, I am saying goodbye to this blog, but if I survive my bout with cancer, I may some day come back to it. The future is too uncertain for me to predict. 

13 comments:

Maggie May said...

Oh dear...... I don't do Facebook so now I'm out in the cold!
Hoping you get on OK.
Maggie x

Nuts in May

Anonymous said...

I'm not on Facebook either, but can we please do the email thing? I don't want to lose track of you now & I really do want to know how things continue on with you. xoxo

Cate Rose said...

I'll follow you wherever you are. I understand your not wanting to have to repeat your daily FB posts for a small blog-only readership. You know you'll continue to have me along for the ride, one way or the other or both. xoxo

VioletSky said...

I don't always comment because I don't always know what to say, or can think of nothing more original than what has already been said, but maybe that is not the right attitude. You can write whatever you want on here and we will read and think of you and what you are going through.

Rob-bear said...

I understand the dilemma, Irene. I've not caught up with you on Facebook, so I'll need to look.

One thought. I don't know what you're posting on Facebook, but perhaps if you put the "facts" on Facebook, you could be more reflective here.

Anyhow, when you post something here, it shows on my blog, so I'll get back to you.

Blessings and Bear hugs!

Bernie said...

I think your journey may help others Irene as well as you. Just sharing how you are feeling each day, what is happening to you and how you are reacting with it all. Many people will find you just by typing in "Cancer Blogs" and yours will show up. It may only be one person that you help - it will be enough. I know Maggie will miss you terribly. I pop in once in a while but you keep me updated on FB. Its up to you of course and your choice will be respected. I found I was very honest on my blog whereas on FB I was honest but would not share as much as it was so public. Sending you big hugs, much love and tons of prayers always, xo

Wisewebwoman said...

Nothing is written in stone, Irene and I beg you to reconsider, you can let it all out on your blog, FB, by its very nature is la-la social and good newsy and is personally shallow, it has to be.

Anyway dear heart, it is your life, your blog, decision. I am so very glad we are connected on all media and via email.

I just want to hold your hand.

XO
WWW

Gail said...

I don't do face book but you have my email.

You will be on my mind and in my heart.

Z said...

I'm just catching up on blogs after a couple of weeks, I'm finding it hard to keep up with everything, with things being quite difficult at home. I'm sorry not to have been leaving comments as usual. See you on Facebook, but maybe you will sometimes feel like writing here. There's more space to talk around a subject, and sometimes one wants that. Though I've got things I can't talk about on my blog, which feels odd, after nearly ten years of chatting on any subject I want to.



Friko said...

I hope that the light hearted way you act on FB isn’t altogether a false front but that you can manage to keep your spirits up.

I am not on FB so can’t follow you there but I hope that life is and remains bearable.


My very best wishes, dear Irene. And remember, there are many cancer survivors who know what you are going through.

Anonymous said...

Irene--friend me on Facebook, please!
Melissa Westemeier

Kay said...

Dearest Irene, you will be missed. Safe journey

Bernie said...

Love and miss you dear blog friend, xo