Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Sleep failure...


I'm up in the middle of the night after having slept a couple of hours. Apparently that was enough for now. I'm happily sat behind the computer with a cup of coffee and a cigarette in my big red bathrobe. Gandhi is eating her kibbles and Tyke's sound asleep in the armchair. I'm very thirsty and will have some lemonade next. Cold refreshing lemonade. I can't wait. 

It must be because I make the coffee so strong that I'm so thirsty. It dries out the inside of my mouth. I have literally no spit left. I don't eyeball the coffee in the filter right and always add a little more than I should for fear that it will be too weak. I do dislike a weak cup of coffee. Needless to say, the coffee in the pot always turns out on the strong side. It almost tastes like espresso and it kicks a punch. I really need to go back to a Senseo machine with the pre-measured pads. It was cheaper in the long run. 

Yesterday I was wearing a mini skirt that was sliding down my hips, it was so big on me. All day long I neglected to find a belt for it. Luckily I was wearing a long top over it. Instead of a mini skirt it slid down so far that it looked like a regular skirt. In a short amount of time I've lost five kilos. That's just from reducing my medicines. I'm not eating less. 

All my skirts are big on me and so are my other clothes, although I really should say that they fit me better. They are less of a problem than the skirts. I haven't tried on my jeans, because I seldom wear them, but I'm sure they'll be too big also. I'm not going to buy anything new until I'm done losing weight. 

I have no clothes that are smaller than what I'm wearing now, although I do have some sun dresses that were tight on me last summer and that may be just right this time around. We'll see. It will be something to look forward to. I'm glad I wear a lot of dresses because they have the tendency to fit better longer than pants do. 

I'm going to look for something completely different to wear today. I'm thinking of wearing a tighter, more colorful dress over leggings layered with a loose open top with long sleeves. It will be an experiment. I feel like doing something a little more adventurous.

I've made spaghetti two nights in a row. I let it cook a little bit longer than I normally would so it is easier to digest and passes my gastric band better. I had a jar of ready made sauce that came in the care package I received at Christmas time. I do have to use it up now before it spoils. I can eat a fair portion of the spaghetti before I'm full and it does give a very satisfied feeling. I go to bed with a full stomach. 

Speaking of going to bed, I think that's where I'll go next. I do need to sleep a little more. 

I hope you'll all have a nice day!

Ciao,
Nora
 


6 comments:

Gail said...

I wish my weight would fall off. It would help if I worked at it. I do believe when the weather warms, I may loose some just from being more active.

Sweet dreams.

Bernie said...

Nora, medication can make your mouth dry as well, I know when I was having chemo my mouth was horribly dry, it was so uncomfortable. I use to eat ice cubes.
Glad you are losing weight, me too but I am working on it.
Hope you were able to go back to sleep sweetie......:-)Hugs

Bev said...

Congrats on the weightloss. It is great fun seeing what clothes you can fit into.

I agree with Bernie. Medications can make your throat dry. I have been on Olanzapine and that made my throat dry.

Hope you enjoy your day.

Irene said...

Bev, you'd think my mouth would get less dry the less medicine I take. Apparently it doesn't work that way, oh well...

It's great to be able to wear all my clothes. Although I swim in some of them...

Maggie May said...

You are lucky to be losing weight so easily. I am still struggling badly.
Maybe when the weather is warmer & we don't feel the need to eat to keep warm....... it will be easier.
It looks nice and bright and sunny outside but there is a bite of coldness to the day.
Hope you sleep better soon.
Maggie X

Nuts in May

VioletSky said...

The summer should be so much fun for you with your new body and clothes that fit!