Thursday, February 10, 2011

On the wrong side of the bed...


I started out feeling very grumpy when I got up and decided that wouldn't do at all. I've been trying very hard to get into a better mood ever since and it's slowly working. I do despise grumpy moods that are there for no reason at all. You just wake up with them because you got up at the wrong side of the bed. They're nobody's fault and they serve no purpose whatsoever other than to make you feel bad.

You could proceed to attach a cause to them, but I'm not that dedicated and would rather get over them instead of becoming a crusader. I'm not a good Samaritan of lost causes. I'd hate to get all heated up and bothered over some issue that's unjust and unfair somewhere in the world when I know it's not within my ability to do anything about it. Those days are far behind me. I only care on the sidelines now.

I know a cup of coffee helps when I'm grumpy and I've had two of them now. I am starting to feel better. The caffeine has nearly straightened me out. Maybe it's because I'm reducing my sleep medication that I found myself in this mood. It may be possible. If it is, I'm not going to worry about it, because it's a minor obstacle and it's something I can easily get over. It's a question of mind over matter and I am capable of that.

I'm going to very pleasantly sit here until the morning arrives and not worry about a thing. That's the nice thing about the hours of the middle of the night. There's nothing you can do about anything at all, even if you wished it. All I have to do is sit behind my computer in the light of my desk lamp and pass the hours in the best possible way. For a while, I am oblivious of the world around me.

That will change in the morning when I turn on the television and watch the news and am bombarded with all the issues that happen around the world. The Netherlands are not an insulated country that is unaware of what happens outside itself. We hear of news around the world and sometimes it overwhelms you. You wonder how you can absorb so much.

My knee has been bothering me very much and seems to be getting worse instead of better. There's not much I can do without having pain, except for standing up and leaning on my left leg. I made an appointment to see the doctor on Friday. That's the soonest I could get in.

I think I'll go back to bed for a few hours more sleep. It's still very early. Both the animals are sound asleep. It's not nearly time to start the day.

I hope you'll all have a good morning.

Ciao,
Nora

2 comments:

Bernie said...

Sorry you woke up feeling grumpy, that happens to me once in a while and I don't know why but I always work through it. Hope going back to bed for a bit more sleep help you feel better. Pain can make you feel that way Nora, your knee does sound painful. Have a good day sweetie, I am off to bed....:-)Hugs

Gail said...

There is no redemption in coffee for me.

I declare it grumpy day and shall pass it on to the less than smart people that come out today to get their mail.

May I be forgiven in advance.