Monday, July 19, 2010

Monday morning...

As you can see, I've changed the design of my blog. If the text is too small for you to read, go to the top left hand of your screen and click on "picture." Go to "zoom" and you will see the possibility to "zoom in." Click on that and the blog will get bigger. Repeat as necessary. There is no possibility for me to make the text bigger in the design. It does not give me that option. So, you have to row with the oars that you have, as we say in the Netherlands.

I went to bed at 3 am and woke up at 5:30, so that was not a heck of a lot of sleep. Still, I'm wide awake and functioning. How that is possible I don't know. I've had my two cups of coffee and am now drinking cold milk.

I've taken Tyke for a walk and it was nice and cool outside, but I didn't wear a jacket. It was almost too cold to go without one, but it was a pleasant experience after all the heat. It was still quiet outside, but now the street is full of traffic with parents are dropping their children off at school. This is their last week, they'll have vacation next week. Six weeks of it. It will be nice and quiet in the mornings without all the cars and bicycles and kids rushing to get to school on time.

I have to do some chores before the domestic help gets here. I've got a little organizing to do and two loads of laundry. It's a joy as always to look forward to. All I can say is, thank goodness for good smelling washing powder. It does make doing the laundry that much more pleasurable. I noticed when I made the bed that the sheets smelled good. Even I with my nicotine impaired sense of smell could tell the difference.

I've not taken my tranquilizers this morning and I don't feel the need to right now. I'm not planning on taking them unless I really feel that I have to. That is until I get so stressed that there is no other recourse. I'm not going to take them as a preventive measure. I want to see if I can do without. It's too easy to take them and be somewhat numbed by them and feel very little of what is going on around you. They make you lazy too. But I will take them if I need to. I will not be so foolish as not to.

Well, it's time to get going. I can hang up the laundry to dry out side today.

Have a nice day today.

Ciao,
Nora

5 comments:

Gail said...

Sounds like a good start to a wonderful day.

Cooler weather always makes me feel better.

I had some trouble reading your post but not enough to find my glasses.

May your day continue to be a winner.

Wisewebwoman said...

Have a good Monday, my dear. Enjoy the fresh smell of laundry and the coooool weather..
WE have cool fog here. It is delicious.
XO
WWW

CorvusCorax12 said...

enjoy the coolness, it has cooled down a little here too thank goodness.
Happy Monday :)

lebanesa said...

it is fine. I like the colour scheme, it looks familiar, have we been here before
hugs

Bernie said...

This is a nice look Nora, hope you had a really good day.
Wishing you a good nights sleep as well my friend......:-) Hugs