Saturday, May 21, 2011

Wildlife...


I woke up from my nap having dreamed that I was a very frustrated chicken because I didn't have any hands. It was an awful feeling to only have wings and no fingers to pick things up with. I still had that feeling when I woke up and it was pretty terrible. It took a few seconds for it to dissipate. 

No doubt it had to do with the fact that before I took a nap, I had to remove a dead bird from the shower stall. It had been left there by the cat and luckily, the dog had shown no interest in it whatsoever. 

I had a good look at it because you don't get to have a close look at a wild bird that often. It was intact and had no insides hanging out. It looked like it was asleep and therefor I had been a little reluctant at first to pick it up. It was just an ordinary bird for which I don't know the English name. It was an adult and I'm surprised that the cat got a hold of it. She's normally not that great a hunter of birds. 

I threw it in the green bin and figured it will properly decompose there. I didn't know what else to do with it either. I knew I had to keep it out of the cat's reach. I didn't want her to drag it back inside and demolish it and get feathers all over the place like one of my other cats did one time. That was a real mess to clean up.

I hope no chicks go hungry now that the mother bird is dead. That's another worry. My cat's a killer cat. I wouldn't have thought it possible after all those mice. Maybe her skills have improved now that she's the only cat here. Although the male cat wasn't much of a hunter. 

Anyway, being a chicken without any hands isn't much fun and I wonder if chickens experience it as such? I hope they're not aware of their loss and go through life oblivious of it. They can only pick and scratch. It's like having your arms bound to your body. All you can do is hopelessly flutter when you get a little bit of room. 

*

I'm wearing a skimpy sun dress that was too small on me when I bought it and that now fits. I have another one in a different print in the same size. I will try that one on next. Isn't it wonderful when clothes appear in your closet that turn out to fit you? I must have closer looks in my closet more often.

It's been a nice day with good weather. Tomorrow we may have some rain, but the temperature will be nice. I'll believe the rain when I see it. We've been promised it often enough. 

Have a good day all of you. Enjoy your Saturday. 

Ciao,
Nora






3 comments:

CorvusCorax12 said...

sorry about the bird :(.Not having Cats anymore i'm spared having to remove dead critters, although my terrier mix is quite the mouser. After 28C and it being a sickly muggy day yesterday we are now down to 6C and a cold wind. We always say if you don't like the weather wait 5 minutes it will change LOL

Maggie May said...

Thats the one drawback with cats..... the killing and the scratching of wallpaper & furniture. However, when you love your pet, you put up with all sorts of little nasty/natural habits.
Hope you have a good nights sleep.
Maggie X

Nuts in May

lebanesa said...

I often look at birds and feel they are missing arms as they hop about... cats can be horrible. my stepmother has a female cat that regularly kidnaps the other cats' kittens. She doesn't look after them and they don't thrive with her, but she persists in stealing them and fighting the other females for them. Recently my stepmother found her with one, decapitated and dead, she was happily munching it... yuck. How can anyone love cats when they are so feline? lolll