Thursday, May 12, 2011

After a snooze...


After a snooze, you have a cup of coffee as quick as you can to get your head together so you can think straight. At least, that is my tactic. Never mind that the coffee is kind of bitter because it's old. It's got caffeine in it, that's the most important thing. You can make new coffee if you want another cup. It's easy as pie. 

That's what I think I'm going to have to do. The old coffee is not very satisfying, although it is waking me up to some extend. Imagine drinking old microwaved coffee. That's not a very nice way to treat yourself. I think I do deserve a fresh pot. 

Snoozing is exactly what I did. I never did fall asleep properly, but just drifted in and out for about an hour. I probably wasn't tired enough for a proper nap. Now that I don't use tranquilizers during the day anymore, I seldom go completely knock out like I used to. Really, that's a blessing. I used to go knock out several times a day. 

I have cleaned out my closet and got all the obsolete clothes out of it. Once I had gotten those off their hangers, I had a sea of space and I got a good look at what was left over. I took most of the clothes that had been in there for a while and that I assumed were going to fit me and washed them in two loads. 

I did the first load last night and this morning that load was dry so I could do the second one. I wore something today from the first load that I had not worn before and, although it was a little chilly to wear, it was a great success and I enjoyed wearing it very much. It's nice to catch glimpses of yourself in the mirror when you're wearing something new. 

The second load is drying now and there's a dress there of which I have no idea how I got it. I don't remember buying it. I may wear it tomorrow. I have to try it on first and see how it looks. I don't have the foggiest idea how I've come to own it. That will be another unsolved mystery. I probably bought it in one of my hypo-manic moods. 

Of course, things look good now because I've got a decent haircut. I must always remember to get a decent haircut on time. I wish I was not so absentminded as to forget to do that. I wish I had a secretary who made my appointments for me and just automatically scheduled my hairdresser appointments. Life would be so much simpler. 

I've made a fresh pot of coffee which I was in dire need of. I had to get the bad taste of the old coffee out of my mouth. And I do think I need some more caffeine. I need to look a little more lively than I do right now, although you can't see me. 

Freshly made coffee smells so good. It makes the whole apartment smell nice. Even as impaired as I am, I can smell that. 

I'm missing a cardigan from my closet. I've looked high and low but I can't find it. I have no idea what I did with it. I'll have to look through every item on the shelves and see if it is there. I need to clean those up anyway. The denim skirts that are too big are still there. Wish me luck in finding it. It's an important one to my wardrobe. 

I hope you'll all have a nice evening. I've got to walk the dog. 

Ciao,
Nora


1 comment:

Maggie May said...

Coffee seems to *perk* you up no end.
Blogger seems back to normal now!
Have a good day!
Maggie X

Nuts in May