Saturday, April 16, 2011

Romance...


I think I may have fallen in love a little bit with my first ex-husband again. I certainly spend an awful lot of time thinking about him and fantasizing about the possibilities of us getting together some time in the future.

Now, I do have to admit that I have a large fantasy and that it does have a tendency to want to grab a hold of me and go on the run with me, so I have to hold on to my horses. I don't want any flights of fancy to dominate my life and influence it to the point that I can't think straight anymore.

I've probably been charmed off my feet like I was the very first time I fell in love with him. The same mechanisms have been triggered. At least I know that those are still in place, but I'm not that young girl anymore. I'm a middle aged woman with a lot of experience and a lot of knowledge, so I can't let myself get lost in this.

I have to keep both feet on the ground and stay in the here and now. I have to keep living my own life and not get lost in fantasies, no matter how pleasant that is. I'll get over that. I've just momentarily been swept off my feet.

Ciao,
Nora

No comments: