Friday, February 03, 2012

Friday afternoon...

I just woke up from a big old nap and I think I'm in a good enough mood now to try and write a post. I've been seriously lacking in good humor and whatever post I tried to write I had to delete because I was not happy with it. It think it is very possible that I was just plain grumpy all this time and that nothing at all made me happy. It's good to own up to this and to not beat around the bush. When grumpy, admit that you are. It's the easiest way to get back to feeling normal.

Well, I'm glad I got that settled. Everything in life should be that easy. It is when you only have yourself to deal with. It's another story all together when you have to take other people into the equation. Not that I'm having a particular problem with anyone. It's just a general sort of observation I'm making. 

Today is the 12th day since I stopped smoking and I'm still going strong. I still feel the urge to smoke now and then but it's getting decidedly less. I haven't climbed any walls yet. It's gone amazingly easy, I think. Those nicotine patches are wonderful and have really saved my life. I'm sure I would not be doing as well without them. Tomorrow I start on a lesser dose. I will be curious to see if my body is going to notice the difference. I don't really expect any problems. 

It has just started to snow outside. On the news earlier today they said it would and to expect a lot. I still have to walk the dog and I will be taking him out shortly. He loves the snow but show me a dog that doesn't. He pushes his nose into it as far as it will go and breathes deeply. He's like a hippo underwater.

I suppose I should be happy that it's Friday again. I am somewhat. I hope the weekend is going to be interesting enough. I have the feeling that I will be taking lots of naps unless something unexpected happens. Naps always save my life. That and good television. 

Have a good weekend yourselves.

Ciao,
Nora



4 comments:

Cate Rose said...

Hope you have a great weekend. I know what you mean about declaring some state of mind and then having it dissipate by itself. Just owning it makes it dissolve. Same with my recent lack of creative enthusiasm. I declared it so, now the thrust is back.
Much love.

Wisewebwoman said...

Yes, feeling the feelings and just affirming ourselves works wonders. Out loud if necessary.
Goodonya and the smoking, with you every step of the way....
XO
WWW

CorvusCorax12 said...

yayyy on 12 days :)..just VERY cold here today, we had the snow a couple of days ago

CorvusCorax12 said...

yayyy on 12 days :)..just VERY cold here today, we had the snow a couple of days ago