Saturday, July 19, 2014

An honest attempt

I will try to write a blog post but you will only know about that fact if you find something written here in the morning. I am awfully tired and it is in the middle of the night, but I am not in the mood to go to bed. I am forcing myself to stay awake, not by drinking cups of coffee, because they don't agree much with me anymore, but by drinking tall glasses of lemonade and having some small snacks to eat every once in a while. I am trying to get my energy out of small sources of sustenance like cup of soup. These agree with me most these days. 

Between the Exfactor and the Cowboy I have been eating a lot of sweets lately in the form of cake and pie and chocolate and I have had more than my share of them and , besides, I think they are not good for me to eat. I think these two men had the silent agreement to try to make my life as pleasant as possible by feeding me junk food, but I have to tell you that this idea backfired and I now can not see another piece of chocolate. I am dying to eat healthy foods in the form of whole wheat sandwiches and fruit. It is a good thing that the Cowboy is leaving to go back to the States this weekend, because my digestive system would not survive anymore of this onslaught. 

The Cowboy has come down with a cold and is trying very hard not to contaminate me. We have disinfecting hand gel and Dettol tissues and wash our hands often. We are also keeping at a healthy distance from each other. In another week, my immune system will be at its weakest, but he will be gone by then, It will be a time when I will have to be careful. I am still clearing my throat a lot and am still very hoarse. That has not improved. I suppose I will have to be patient. 

I will go to bed now simply because I have to be sensible. I do need to get some sleep if I am going to function tomorrow. 

5 comments:

Rob-bear said...

Oh, dear. If it is not one thing, it is another. The gents are giving you all kinds of rich things, but that's not what your stomach says it needs. I understand the conflict. Time, indeed, to eat healthy.

I hope you can rest up and stay otherwise healthy. Sleep well; see you tomorrow!

Blessings and Bear hugs!

Z said...

My husband has not got cancer, as far as we know, but he is not able to stomach rich, sweet food at present.

I couldn't sleep either last night, finally slept about 4 and was woken at 5 by a violent thunderstorm. I dozed off again for half an hour just when I should have got up!

I hope you can rest today.

Around My Kitchen Table said...

Thinking of you. XXX

Maggie May said...

It is essential not to eat rich food whilst having chemo.
I got a passion for cheese while I was on chemo and did eat frequent helpings of cheese and biscuits. I went off all sweet things including chocolate . Apples in particular left the most foul taste in my mouth. Go with what you most desire and avoid the things that make you feel queasy.
Maggie x

Nuts in May

Gail said...

I am glad you enjoyed his visit.

They are just trying to make you happy.

Hang in there.